People's Alliance for Democracy
Announcement Number 29/2008 December 12, 2008, on Pre-governing Warning
( Last edit 2008-12-14 )
Following the Royal Command on Thursday December 11, 2008 to call a House of Parliament’s special meeting to elect the Prime Minister on December 15, 2008,
PAD would remind all political groups to realize that it was the lengthy 193-day rally by dedicated, enduring, and brave compatriots who greatly sacrificed a lot of lives, flesh and blood to successfully prevent the amendment of the Constitution and to enable the adjudication of political corruption cases and electoral frauds cases by the judiciary system, resulting in the current political changes.
The past great sacrifice of the compatriots is neither to be exchanged with resurrection of proxy politicians in Thaksin regime, nor just changing hands to a particular political group’s benefit.
PAD wishes to sort out political problems rooted in the past, to return justice to the fellow people and to join with the people to reform to build a new politics to prevent any recurrent political crises.
PAD therefore declares the stances regarding the election of the Prime Minister in the House of Parliament’s special meeting as follows.
First, we are against any proxy Prime Minister from Pua Thai Party and oppose Prime Minister from any parties if they would coalesce with Pua Thai Party which is the new proxy of Thaksin regime.
Second, we condemn any threats upon, any bargaining with and any bribing of politicians to support Pua Thai Party to continue to be the government without consideration of the country’s lost and people’s feelings.
Third, PAD would monitor the changing hands in the outdated political system as whether or not it would be able to overcome the political crises and to handle Thaksin regime. PAD wishes to represent the compatriots, the heroes and the heroines to demand the new government of the following 13 items.
1. Speed up the lese-majesty convictions against Jakrapop Penkae, Vera Musikapong, websites, publications, local radios. Urgently subdue systematic lese-majesty and abolition of the Monarchy as the first priority.
2. Explicitly declare the stance not to amend the 2007 Constitution or any laws to launder politicians. Do not amend the laws governing the conflicts of interests. Do not amend the laws to diminish the Royal authority or the Monarchy establishments in the Constitutional Monarchy system.
3. Do support qualified and honest people to rule the country. Do not allow empowerment of bad people. Govern with transparency. Strictly do not bring in to govern any socially unacceptable blemished politicians or flawed bureaucrats or anybody with conflicts of interests in their posts, or anybody with corrupt behaviors.
4. Do speed up the proceedings of corruption cases into the courts without either direct or indirect interference. Remove from the posts, the bureaucrats who serve Thaksin regime such as the Director-General of the Special Cases Investigation Department, the Director-General of the Public Relation Department, the Director of the Bureau of the Budget, the Secretariat of the Food and Drug Organization, etc. Do speed up the forfeiture of the corrupt money.
For the sake of the country, do explicitly speed up the cases of trespass and illegal occupation of the Kao Kra Dong land under the possession of State Railway of Thailand and the public land in Satuk district, Buri Ram. Do revoke the illegal rented areas in Suwanapoom Airport. Do immediately revoke the contract of and convict the state officers who without transparency hire out programs on channel 11 under the National Broadcasting of Thailand, Public Relation Department.
5. Do immediately revoke the passports of the fugitive criminal Thaksin Shinawatra.
6. Do speed up the extradition of the fugitive criminal Thaksin Shinawatra back to stand trials Thailand.
7. Announce the cancellation of the Joint Communique between Thai and Cambodia which give away the Pra Vihar temple and the surrounding lands to Cambodia. Do at the best, protect the sovereignty over the land, natural gas and the oil in the Thai gulf.
8. Do quickly abolish the police state. Remove police officers who frame, harass and threaten rallying people and rally supporters from the important posts or from self-interest conflicting posts. Do punish police officers who murdered and injured people in October 7, 2008 ’s events, as well as who falsely incriminating rallying people as traitors and traitors particularly Police General Jongrak Jutanon, Police Lieutenant General Suchart Muankeaw, Police Major General Amnuay Nimmano, Police Lieutenant General Somyos Poompanmuang, Police Colonel Luechai Soodyod, etc. Do return justice and career advancements to polices who duely and bravely execute the duty for the sake of the people.
9. Do speed up legal proceedings and punishment against the alleged by the National Human Rights Committee and the Senate Committees in the case of killing of the people such as Somchai Wongsawat, General Chawalit Yongjaiyud and other state officers. Do to the utmost indict the government-backing racketeers who injured and killed rallying people.
10. Stop using the national media for Thaksin regime to spread out propaganda and lies to people, particularly the program and the hosts of the “Truth Today” program on NBT. Do reform the media. Let the free flow of all information to the people to truely benefit the country and the people.
11. Do immediately announce the cancellation of the over-budgeted and non-transparent projects which would bankrupt the country such as the hiring of 4,000 NGV buses, the new House of Parliament construction project, etc.
12. Abolish the State Enterprises Corporatization Act 1999 and, instead, reform and develop state enterprises to maximize the benefit of the native citizens. Bring back the privatized state enterprises to the state ownership particularly PTT.
13. Do explcitly show the stance to support people to build the new politics in which people would have roles in politics to truly democratize politics, economy and the society in order to prevent any more crises in politics in the future.
PAD calls for politicians who are forming a government to truely realize the objectives of the people and the heroes/heroines who sacrificed for the country, more than just bargaining to win the political advantages, and to follow the above demands in order that people would not be further disappointed and evenmore mistrust present politics.
People’s Alliance for Democracy
December 12, 2008