People's Alliance for Democracy
Announcement Number 8/2010 April 18, 2010
( Last edit 2010-04-18 )
Prepare To Carry Out The Duty of The Citizens To Defend The Nation and The Throne
Following the assembly of People's Alliance for Democracy on April 18, 2010 at the Recreation building, Ransit University, on "Break Through The Crisis, A Major Allround Reform", the core leaders of PAD analysed and deliberated upon the circumstances and issued the resolutions as follows:
1. We express sorrow and condolence to the family of the brave soldiers and the red-shirt victims who were injured and killed for a large number on April 10, 2010. We condemn the terrorists of Thaksin's regime which solely aims for ignition of violence between the soldiers and the rallying red-shirts, in order to result in the abolition of the government. Such acts of terrorism are cruel, wicked and base.
2. The government must immediately, strictly and effectively enforce the law against Thaksin's terrorist movements to be finished within 7 days. If the government remains ignorant so much that it becomes risky and dangerous to the nation and the throne, PAD will immediately carry out the duty of the citizens to defend the nation and the throne as stipulated by the constitution.
3. The forewarning of the violence as appeared in PAD Announcement No.7/2010 dated April 8, 2010, have already been advised that there would be three complimentary forces under the fugitive criminal Thaksin's command, comprising of the red-shirts mob, Thaksin's regime politicians, and the armed mercenaries. As the April 8, 2010 incidence has actually occured as forewarned, it definitely reconfirms the matter that the terrorists who executed the soldiers and the people, are in the same Thaksin's movement.
Therefore, we demand the core leaders of the red-shirts to respect lives, flesh and blood of the red-shirts. We demand a cease of the dirty tricks using the corpses of the red-shirts, murdered by Thaksin's mercenary terrorists, to feed the hatred and vengeance just to defeat the government.
We demand a cease of luring innocent people to make use of them as human shields for the terrorists and the red-shirts core leaders. We demand the red-shirt people express senses of responsiblity to protect lives, flesh and blood of their own comrades, rallying red-shirts and their core leaders, from being murder victims of Thaksin's terrorists.
4. We demand the misled rallying people, the red-shirts supporters, their alliances and the core leaders, which now have already realized the facts that there are terrorist movements assasinating people in order to parade the corpses to expel the government, to immediately withdraw from the support and from Thaksin movements.
5. During this time, fellow citizens, members of PAD in all areas and provinces may execute the constitutional and lawful rights to join the activities with other people to fully resist the Thaksin's terrorism movements. We request all brothers and sisters to help communicate in all directions to warn fellow citizens and the red-shirts not to join the terrorists who are using dirty tricks of sacrificing rallying people's lives.
6. Because of political, economic and social unjustice, some of the red-shirts were lured to join the protest. Therefore, the way to solve this crisis, is that the government must express the sincerity of managing people of all sectors to join a truly materialized and effective reform of Thailand in political, economic and social aspects.
People's Alliance for Democracy
Sunday April 18, 2010