People's Alliance For Democracy
Announcement Number 3/2012 May 26, 2012
( Last edit 2012-05-29 )
Reformation of Thailand and Determination of the Next Move
Following the declaration of the stance as approved by our brothers and sisters to proceed with Thailand's reformation according to the announcement No.2/2012 under the title of "Stop Corrupt Capitalists' Parliamentary Dictatorship, Unite to Reform Thailand" on March 10, 2012, PAD's core leaders have long-marched to educate and enlighten people with information to unite for Thailand reformation, and successfully carried out seminars with scholars, business people and the public to achieve the directions to reform Thailand. Therefore, "The Draft Governing Principles of Thailand" is to be declared to reform Thailand according to PAD's envisage and to be scrutinized by public hearing for improvement to perfect, as follows.
The Draft Governing Principles of the Country "Decrease State's Power. Increase People's Power."
1. Governing Principles of the Country as for the Monarchy: The King's status is regarded as most respectful which nobody may violate.
2. Governing Principles of the Country as for the national security : The army has the duty to protect and defend the Monarchy, the sovereignty and the integrity of the state, the national security and the national interests, including the constitutional monarcny democracy.
3. Governing Principles for Democracy : The administrative authority belongs to the people and for the people's interests all the time, not only on the general election ballot day. Therefore, the people have the authority to decide for themselves, to check the state, and have the authority to access the state's information.
4. Principles of Check and Balance : The government, the legislative parliament and the court have the duties and responsibilities to the sovereignty to enable actual check and balance through different backgrounds and people's representatives with diversity of residents, occupations, and social backgrounds.
5. Governing Principles of the Country as for Political Parties : Abolish all forms of elected dictators under corrupt capitalism which have occupied the country. MP Candidates do not have to be under political parties.
6. Governing Principles of the Country as for Anti-corruption : Corruption cases must never expire. The people can prosecute all corruption cases. The maximum penalty for corruption is an execution.
7. Governing Principles of the Country as for the Justice System : People may access and utilize the justice system with ease, speed and equality. The state attorney is to be reformed to be free from political influence and interests. The police is to be reformed to be under local governments. The justice system is opened to be checked at all stages.
8. Governing Principles for Local Government : Decentralization of the administration, the bureaucracy, the management and the country's responsiblity, the budgets, to be actually directed to the neighbourhoods without interference or influence by the Department of Local Government or the central government.
9. Principles of People's Coexistence as a Nation : People of the country coexist together with brotherhood and equality of human dignity.
10. Principles of Economic System : Apply sufficiency economy philosophy as principles for economic policy and national budget.
11. Principles for Governing the Economic Opportunity : Provide all classes of people in all regions with equal opportunity and space according to their ability and potential.
12. Principles for Governing the Justice in Utilization of Natural Resources : The higher utilization, the higher exploitation of the environment and culture, the higher taxation return to the country, as compared to the less utilization and exploitation of the environment and culture.
13. Principles for Governing National Natural Resources : Natural Resources including petroleum are considered belonging to the whole Thai population and must benefit all Thais with highest efficiency and create maximum return to the country with transparency, not to benefit a few capitalist groups.
14. Principles for Governing the Country for Education : Reform the education for communities and neighbourhood's participation to involve decisions over education curricula to support the country's reform to develop students' quality toward their best potentials along with morality. The state has the duty to create central standard and evaluate the standard of all schools in the country.
15. Principles for Governing the Country for Mass Communication : Get rid of lies from the society. Establish facts. create space and policy-wise and budget-wise support for actually public-benefitted mass media to sustainably develop the country.
Under the above 15 principles, core leaders of PAD agree on the following continuous activities as follows.
First, PAD in each province should hold additional meetings, seminars, public hearing and brainstorming for the Principles for Governing the Country as well as Principles for Governing the Province in order to achieve sustainable solutions in each province.
Second, core leaders of PAD have considered that a number of MPs have submitted a draft Reconciliation Act to the House of Representatives which would start the deliberation on May 30, 2012. The context of the Act is to launder fugitive Thaksin Shinawatra's crimes for which the supreme court of political post holders section have already passed a jail sentence. This destroys the legal state and the rule of law and fits one of the rules of engament for PAD to embark on a rally.
Since the first round of deliberation of the Act is commencing in this following week, core leaders of PAD have unanimously passed a resolution to submit a letter of protest to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and to propose to the MPs who submitted the draft Act, to withdraw them from the assembly of the House of Representatives. We set the appointment to form the demonstration procession at 9:00 AM on Wednesday May 30, 2012 at the King Rama V Plaza to march to the front of the parliament. Therefore, we invite brothers and sisters to join this activity in unison.
People's Alliance For Democracy
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Special Edition of Muang Thai Weekly
Lumpini Hall, Lumpini Park